Skip to main content
Pantun

Pantun is considered as a rhythmic words that works like English Poem. I believe I want to see more words playing art for instance Haiku [Japan].

Pantun being used to convey messages in satirical way. These messages can be friendship, love, patriotic and others. For you (the non Malaysian reader) information, there are also competitions held to evaluate the competencies of the participants.

Pantun can be written as follows:

anak buluh betung menunggu
tunggu bunian balik ke taman
kalau sengaja menahan rindu
nasik sejemput tak lalu makan

The first two rows (bolded) is "pembayang" which usually derived from unrelated sentence which have similar ending with another two rows.

Here, we can see the words "menunggu" at 1st rows has the same end character which is "u" with the 3rd rows "rindu" . Same goes with 2nd row, "taman" has "n" as the end character with the 4th row, "makan"

The length of rows can be at the 2 power of n, i.e 4,6,10 .. . Usually mostly used pantun is 4 rows pantun.

Selamat berpantun!

:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danga Bay, Chevrolet Optra and bio...(eh?) I thought it was Debian(haha). My colleague point me to the AirAsia flight turbin and he told me, "Macam debian punya logo" I saw a spiral on top the turbin blades. Pretty much like Debian Logo That's spark me to shoot for a pix. And I was warned by the airport staff. Uh,uh. Flash lamp will spark burst,eh? I was presented my "mock" research proposal. Suggested "Profiling Bioinformatics Application Behavior on Distributed Computing Architecture". Eh, will this gonna be bioinformatics specific or hardware optimization specific.or? Flashback: I spent almost a week at the office. When it's Subh azan,went back to my house for bath and pray. Reading all the journals and papers was not funny,really. Tough eye balls. No world cup. Ewh. And have some VCD lure. Uh,uh. you gonna be kidding. Anyway, I learned a lot and UTM SLAB Research Course is no joke. Really. My proposal has been corrected with comments so I have
Gue dengan S2 gue. Sronok banget!