Skip to main content
FOSS: Academician's Role

Currently I am preparing my pre-research proposal-on Distributed Computing. Just wondering in my 26 years old and dealing with people ages far with me, sometimes I got a thought whether should academician start his/her this young? But looking there are ppl around me who start his Phd at my age, I believe it doesn't matter.

I dropped to my youngest bro's blog who's currently doing BioCell/Tech-donno which one since his blog didn't really tell what exactly he's doing. Seems the nature of research in Purdue really makes him enjoy the world of academics. Hehe. But he enjoys play soccer. Good for him.

Back to FOSS. I'm thinking how to integrate FOSS OS(which perhaps i try to relate ut with Gentoo since I like it because some reasons) with my research.
Previously I met Maho who into FreeBSD so much for his area(chemistry if not mistaken).
And that leads him to ports committer. (Wondering whether I also qualify for people.gentoo.org/~najmi soon huhu).
To make my research is not syok sendiri,how to make it beneficial to people. I can do research that only give small portion of benefit to people, but why?

Nvm. since this is my blog,i just want to put my thought here. Currently googling for bioinformatics' PDF and distributed computing's PDF. Lotsof reading need to be done. Huhu.

Comments

Marjan Jeffry said…
what is "ut" in your contex? the only ut I know is Unreal Tournament
Anonymous said…
from afandi at afandiBlog

I agreed with u opinion that shuolud start undertake a PhD degree masa masih muda

I pun dah lanjut kerana kerja and kerja baru nak start buat Ph.D at almost 40. baru nak berjinak dengan LINUX

Wassalam
Anonymous said…
jeffry:actually i want to write "with" but the typos make it "ut"

afandi:thanks. camne leh dropped into my blog,since i am not familiar with your blog. lotsof things hoped to be learn from you.

Popular posts from this blog

Gue dengan S2 gue. Sronok banget!
Sed (streaming editor) big time mnajem @zalzalah ~ $ cat ustazasri.txt >Kuliah Dr. Mohd. Asri Zainul Abidin (Julai 2005) >>Tarikh >>Tempat >>Waktu >>Tajuk >>15 Julai 2005 JUMAAT >>Surau al-Muhajirun, Taman Sri Ukay, Ampang >>Selepas Maghrib >>Riyadh al-Salihin (Kitab Perkara yang Ditegah) >>16 Julai 2005 SABTU >>Balai Budaya Tun Syed Nasir, DBP Kuala Lumpur >>8.30 pagi ¿ 1.00 tgh >>DEBAT Astora Jabat vs Dr. Mohd. Asri ¿ Gerakan Tajdid: Satu Perbincangan >>17 Julai 2005 AHAD >>Dewan Kuliah, Balai Islam Masjid al-Ghufran, Pinggiran Taman Tun Dr. Ismail >>10.00 pagi >>Riyadh al-Salihin (Kitab Perkara yang Disuruh, Bab al-Taqwa, Bab ke-6) >>17 Julai 2005 AHAD >>Masjid Jamek Abdul Aziz, Jalan Templer, Petaling Jaya >>Selepas Maghrib >>Sahih al-Bukhariy (Kitab al-Iman) >>*Kuliah Maghrib di Masjid Al-Syakirin, Bandar Utama dibatalkan.> mnajem@zalzalah ~ $ sed -i...
........speechless Salam, Aku lately mengalami masalah kesempitan wang yang serius disebabkan kereta satria aku yang berusia 10 tahun ada major repair.. dalam bulan ni je untuk kereta aku abis RM600 untuk maintenance. Ganti spectacle lagi. Accumulated maintaince expense untuk keta yang aku beli sejak Disember 2005 ni dekat RM3000 jugak. Ganti absorber,ganti tayar (haritu kan pancit-tayar last yang aku tak penah ganti pancit balik dari Kangar. Tayar tu tahun 2001. Owner lama tak tukar. Nasib la). Gaji macam aku ni dok seorang pun dah boleh jadi defisit, nak bayar PTPTN(auto deduct), loan laptop aku 2 tahun, then medical card(aku memikirkan sebab arwah abang aku dulu pernah kena kanser umur 29 tahun.. dan kebetulan dia ambik insurans tu tak jauh tarikh dari dia kena sakit tu, kampeni insurans tak nak bayar sebab assume dia dah tau sakit baru ambik polisi. Nak buat macam mana. So sewaktu sihat la fikir nak ambil polisi gini). Memang ada medical benefit, tapi kita tak tau future jadi apa, ...