Skip to main content
API Hooking

Ok, I admit it. I stumbled to these words once I read literatures on CWSandbox from Mannheim. Since in Nepenthes we can simply send the newly fetched binaries to the sandboxes, I was like triggered to know what was executed behind them.

The method being called as API hooking. The other similar solution being used by Joebox, developed by postgrad student from Switzerland.

Anubis from Vienna in the other way around use QEMU ... but if you google around you will see there is one paper written by Symantec researcher refuting on the usage of virtual machines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danga Bay, Chevrolet Optra and bio...(eh?) I thought it was Debian(haha). My colleague point me to the AirAsia flight turbin and he told me, "Macam debian punya logo" I saw a spiral on top the turbin blades. Pretty much like Debian Logo That's spark me to shoot for a pix. And I was warned by the airport staff. Uh,uh. Flash lamp will spark burst,eh? I was presented my "mock" research proposal. Suggested "Profiling Bioinformatics Application Behavior on Distributed Computing Architecture". Eh, will this gonna be bioinformatics specific or hardware optimization specific.or? Flashback: I spent almost a week at the office. When it's Subh azan,went back to my house for bath and pray. Reading all the journals and papers was not funny,really. Tough eye balls. No world cup. Ewh. And have some VCD lure. Uh,uh. you gonna be kidding. Anyway, I learned a lot and UTM SLAB Research Course is no joke. Really. My proposal has been corrected with comments so I have

How to connect Virtualbox's host-only-adaptor to the Internet

I could do the setup quite simple in CentOS, but that's not the case for Ubuntu and Debian. For Debian, I just followed this tutorial. We need to add an extra network card virtually as noted here For Ubuntu that I used (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) it seems that I had another problem, there was no eth0....but renamed to enp0s3 etc which quite yucky... So I need to get back the eth0 convention, hence I need to this first, refer here  .. then only I could proceed with the manual network card assignment as in here