Skip to main content
Libang-libu (the lemma of choices)

Don't ask me what it meant, it just words that I think it fun to put as my topic today.

I am pretty much snowed under with tremendous workload ... teaching 3 sections with ~120 students, meetings, seminars in the workplace.. and what not. Alas, I'm not forgetting my pursuit for Phd ... despite I'm worrying whether I'm on par with the rest of the CS scientist (wannabe).

Thinking about go to States, looking that_many people from Asia going there, and lotsof them even become the faculty members. Not I'm thinking to become like them(though I admit it is kinda pride working as a faculty member in a place where CS was borned). Now that one thing I don't really like about applying to States is that you_have_to_spend_USDs_for_just_applying.

Unlike applying for .AU, where you just simply go to IDP, and send your letters, etc and *they will take care most of the stuffs for you for FREE*...

If I'm applying for States, means I've to sit down for GRE... and I spend some times to surf to CS dept's overview/requirement... it's very comprehensive in a sense it carefully tells you what to do, what to expect etc. Some CS schools mentioned that if the applicants have deficiencies in some subject, the candidate can take the undergrads subject there... this is awesome. But of course if applying for good school, why they should care teaching more loads if they can have off the shelf, ready to go candidate?


Comments

Anonymous said…
I stumbled on your post (http://elhilal.blogspot.com/2007/06/space-explosion-how-it-really-relates.html) and I hafta say it has been a long while since I last saw those finite state machine diagrams (if that's what you call it). Used to be my favorite subject. Still is, I think. Theory of computing is one great subject.
Unknown said…
Bro, it really doesn't matter where you go. I'm sure with your hard work, anywhere you'll go, you will prosper.

Popular posts from this blog

Gue dengan S2 gue. Sronok banget!
Sed (streaming editor) big time mnajem @zalzalah ~ $ cat ustazasri.txt >Kuliah Dr. Mohd. Asri Zainul Abidin (Julai 2005) >>Tarikh >>Tempat >>Waktu >>Tajuk >>15 Julai 2005 JUMAAT >>Surau al-Muhajirun, Taman Sri Ukay, Ampang >>Selepas Maghrib >>Riyadh al-Salihin (Kitab Perkara yang Ditegah) >>16 Julai 2005 SABTU >>Balai Budaya Tun Syed Nasir, DBP Kuala Lumpur >>8.30 pagi ¿ 1.00 tgh >>DEBAT Astora Jabat vs Dr. Mohd. Asri ¿ Gerakan Tajdid: Satu Perbincangan >>17 Julai 2005 AHAD >>Dewan Kuliah, Balai Islam Masjid al-Ghufran, Pinggiran Taman Tun Dr. Ismail >>10.00 pagi >>Riyadh al-Salihin (Kitab Perkara yang Disuruh, Bab al-Taqwa, Bab ke-6) >>17 Julai 2005 AHAD >>Masjid Jamek Abdul Aziz, Jalan Templer, Petaling Jaya >>Selepas Maghrib >>Sahih al-Bukhariy (Kitab al-Iman) >>*Kuliah Maghrib di Masjid Al-Syakirin, Bandar Utama dibatalkan.> mnajem@zalzalah ~ $ sed -i...
........speechless Salam, Aku lately mengalami masalah kesempitan wang yang serius disebabkan kereta satria aku yang berusia 10 tahun ada major repair.. dalam bulan ni je untuk kereta aku abis RM600 untuk maintenance. Ganti spectacle lagi. Accumulated maintaince expense untuk keta yang aku beli sejak Disember 2005 ni dekat RM3000 jugak. Ganti absorber,ganti tayar (haritu kan pancit-tayar last yang aku tak penah ganti pancit balik dari Kangar. Tayar tu tahun 2001. Owner lama tak tukar. Nasib la). Gaji macam aku ni dok seorang pun dah boleh jadi defisit, nak bayar PTPTN(auto deduct), loan laptop aku 2 tahun, then medical card(aku memikirkan sebab arwah abang aku dulu pernah kena kanser umur 29 tahun.. dan kebetulan dia ambik insurans tu tak jauh tarikh dari dia kena sakit tu, kampeni insurans tak nak bayar sebab assume dia dah tau sakit baru ambik polisi. Nak buat macam mana. So sewaktu sihat la fikir nak ambil polisi gini). Memang ada medical benefit, tapi kita tak tau future jadi apa, ...