Skip to main content
Reply for previous Purdue/CERIAS admission's pos

taken from here

Since the commenter using blogger's profile but I can't access his blog, this Prof might suits the profile > here

What an honour to have his visit to my lair here.. anyway this were his words:

All students are charged an application fee to help cover processing costs. As it is, there are many thousands of applications to the university each year.

Applications for grad programs at Purdue are considered by committees of faculty. They look at issues such as transcripts of grades, quality of undergrad program, the student essays, and especially the recommendations. Scores on tests are examined -- especially TOEFL -- and some departments look at GRE scores.

The admissions committee picks the students who the committee believes will do well in the program. If there are more qualified candidates than there are positions in the incoming class, then the students are ranked by the committee and the top ones taken to fill out the class.

If you meet the minimum requirements for a program, whether you get accepted depends on how many other people apply that year, and how you rank among them (if there are a lot).




p/s: We need more Malaysian doing phd degress in United States... for real!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Danga Bay, Chevrolet Optra and bio...(eh?) I thought it was Debian(haha). My colleague point me to the AirAsia flight turbin and he told me, "Macam debian punya logo" I saw a spiral on top the turbin blades. Pretty much like Debian Logo That's spark me to shoot for a pix. And I was warned by the airport staff. Uh,uh. Flash lamp will spark burst,eh? I was presented my "mock" research proposal. Suggested "Profiling Bioinformatics Application Behavior on Distributed Computing Architecture". Eh, will this gonna be bioinformatics specific or hardware optimization specific.or? Flashback: I spent almost a week at the office. When it's Subh azan,went back to my house for bath and pray. Reading all the journals and papers was not funny,really. Tough eye balls. No world cup. Ewh. And have some VCD lure. Uh,uh. you gonna be kidding. Anyway, I learned a lot and UTM SLAB Research Course is no joke. Really. My proposal has been corrected with comments so I have
Gue dengan S2 gue. Sronok banget!